business messaging blog
Seven stats that prove mobile marketing is worth the investment
Scott Navratil

Business across every industry and realizing the value of mobile marketing. It’s safe to say that mobile marketing isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Businesses large and small are investing in mobile marketing, and they have a lot of good reasons for doing so. Here are just seven stats that prove mobile marketing is worth the investment.

A new leader

Mobile is on the verge of becoming the new leader when it comes to online searches. According to Google, 2015 will be the year when mobile surpasses desktop-based web searches. Mobile search ad spending is growing to reflect that statistic as well. It grew 120% in 2013 compared to desktop’s 2.3% growth. Currently 57% of Americans own a smartphone and it’s projected that 2 billion people will own a smartphone by 2015.

Thinking local

For a long time, smaller businesses ignored mobile because it was thought to be reserved for only national corporations. However, 40% of all mobile searches are local. In other words, people are searching for small, local business nearly as much as they’re searching for big name companies. Small business have a lot to gain from mobile marketing.

Quick conversions

Though mobile does have a lower conversion rate than desktop (people are more likely to purchase from a desktop than a smartphone) mobile has a much faster conversion rate. Over 80% of mobile conversions occur within five hours of the initial web search. Though many won’t complete a purchase via mobile device many will follow up with a phone call or an in-store visit soon thereafter.

Opportunities to connect

Smartphones give businesses so many different ways to connect with customers. Consider the five main uses of smartphones: phone calls, checking email, web searches, picture taking, and social media. Each of these can further a business’s marketing objectives.

Peak times

Mobile has very clear peak times in which marketing will be most effective. For instance, mobile searches typically increase between the hours of 8:00 p.m. and midnight. Also, mobile searches double during the holiday season. Marketers can use data such as this to plan their mobile strategy.

Not just for kids

If you were asked what the fastest growing demographic on Twitter is, you’d probably guess young people. You’d be wrong. The 55-64 age group is the fastest growing demographic on Twitter. The 45-54 age group is the fastest growing demographic for Facebook and Google+. In other words, mobile is no longer just for young people, mobile marketing can help businesses target audiences of all ages.

The most telling stat of all

Finally there is this very telling stat: 75% of US smartphone users admit to taking their smartphone into the bathroom with them (and the other 25% are most likely lying). Unlike any other form of media, smartphones are an extension of ourselves. They go everywhere we do. It goes without saying that the best way to reach a consumer is through his/her mobile device.


Chantel Fullilove

Start Texting with a Free Trial of Equiitext

Discover how Equiitext will enable your business to have engaging conversations with you customers with our patented AI messaging platform! Create your Business Messaging Account.